Thursday 18 July 2013

Humans vs Zombies Sock Bandolier

My university is hosting a game of Humans vs Zombies in August, and since I'm only in first year, this will be my first time playing the game. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm not athletic enough to survive very long, and our game won't be using guns, so balls of socks are the only way to ward off the zombies. I decided that the best way for me to survive would be to ensure that I have socks within reaching distance at all times for protection, so I figured that the best way to do that would be to make a sock bandolier.


Want to make your own? Here's how I did it:

What you'll need:

  • Nylon-like strap 
  • Elastic (mine was 2cm wide)
What to do:

  1. Start by deciding how long you want the strap to be by wrapping it around your body as you will wear it. Cut the strap and use a candle to burn the ends to stop fraying.
  2. Sellotape the two ends of your strap together.
  3. Stitch ends together and remove sellotape.
  4. Stitch ends together and remove sellotape.
  5. Mark along your strap and elastic where it will be stitched down. I marked my strap into 8cm spaces, with 1cm in between each space, and my elastic into 11cm spaces, also with 1cm between each space.
  6. Stitch down the elastic to the strap at each 1cm gap, forming loops for socks with the elastic.
  7. Stitch down a 13cm strip of elastic to the bottom of the strap in the centre of each 8cm space.
  8. Flip each strip up over the main elastic and stitch it into the centre.
Fill it up with socks and be prepared for the impending zombie apocalypse! 

I'm simultaneously nervous and overwhelmingly excited for this game of HvZ - as I said, it's my first time playing, but I've no doubt it will be awesome.


Let me know if you make your own sock bandolier, and if you've ever played HvZ before and if you have any tips for my first game!

Thanks for reading.LDP x 

1 comment:

  1. I made 1with duck tape
    Looks worse than yours
    Takes 1 roll
    1) have a friend measure the main strip on you (sticky facing out) and continue unrolling until you have twice the length. Fold it together so that the adhesive sticks to itself. And connect the two ends with more tape to make the sash.
    2)to add a sock place 1 sock on sash. Make a loop of tape over the sash and sock, adhesive facing up. This should fit tightly. Now on the other side put a piece of tape perpendicular to the band holding the sock. Wrap the band to cover the adhesive.
    Repeat step 2 for each sock

    ReplyDelete