What you'll need:
- Felt in Grumpy Cat-esque shades (cream, dark brown, white, light blue, and a tiny scrap of pink)
- A small scrap of white fleece
- An old sweater that you're willing to sacrifice for your hatred of the season
- Cut out the basic shape of the face from cream felt and the shape of the eye patches from brown felt. Sew the eye patches onto the face.
- Cut out the muzzle area from white felt and stitch it onto the face.
- Cut out the nose from pink felt. Attach onto muzzle.
- Cut out two eyes from light blue felt and stitch onto the face.
- Stitch on two black felt pupils and stitch a grumpy mouth with pink cotton.
- Cut out an ear from brown felt and stitch it onto the head.
- Cut out a red hat shape and stitch it onto the other side of the head. Add an extra flap to the top of the hat to create the point.
- Stitch on a strip of white fleece to the bottom of the Santa hat.
- Cut out a circle of white fleece and sew tacking stitches around the edge.
- Pull the tacking stitches tight to create a more spherical shape.
- Attach to point of Santa hat.
- Sew your Grumpy Cat onto your old sweater and spread the disdain for the season!
As usual, this project is also posted over on Cut Out + Keep.
Hope you've all had a fun festive season, and expect a few more Christmassy crafts over the next few days - starting the 2014 decorating early, remember? Nothing to do with my laziness about posting. Nothing at all. *mumbles*